Planning a Kedarnath trek? If so, you must be thrilled! Known for its celestial aura, legendary temple walls, snow-capped mountains, and divine Jyotirlinga, this place is truly divine to behold! And what better way to see Kedarnath than trekking!.
We know that trekking satisfies the adrenal discharge in us, but trekking in Kedarnath does more. It also creates a feeling of pure happiness.And let’s not forget the touch of spirituality! Adventure, devotion and breathtaking beauty ring true!
Kedarnath Trek Route
Before going into details, let’s talk about the duration of the trek. You can complete the trek in one day or you can extend the trek for a few days. If you decide to extend the trek, you won’t regret it, as every day spent there will be full of breathtaking views!
Once you’ve decided on the duration, here’s how to plan your trek to Kedarnath!
Your dream journey to Kedarnath will begin in Gaurikund. You can hire a taxi or a shared taxi to get to this place.Once there, put on your socks and start hiking!
First stop: Jungle Chatti
Cross the Rambara Bridge to reach Jungle Chatti from Gaurikund. The distance between Gaurikund and Jungle Chatti is 4 km. In case you were wondering, the view is breathtaking from here! If you feel tired, take a break, get some water and keep going.
Second stage: Bheem Bali (Kedarnath Trek)
After a 3 km trek from Jungle Chatti comes Bheem Bali. Along the way, you will be surrounded by snow-capped mountains and temple walls that will tempt your senses.Yes, there are accommodations available and you can choose to spend a night here.
Third stop: Linchauli
Linchauli 4 km walk from your last stop . Accommodation is available in Linchauli. This means you can spend the night here and start again in the morning. a few moments then continue! R; however, the view of the mountains from Linchauli will take all the fatigue away!
Fourth Stop: Kedarnath
Base Camp Fourth Stop: Kedarnath
Base Camp You will see several camps on both sides of the trail between the beautiful mountains on the way to Kedarnath Base Camp from Linchauli.Take our suggestion, stop and take a look at the breathtaking panoramic mountain views and your eyes will thank you. And before we forget, the distance from Linchauli to the base camp is 4 km (north).
The final destination: Kedarnath temple
The last (and maybe the most exciting) 1km trek! Here you have to walk in the snow, so be careful of the temple, be ready to be completely speechless in front of the incredible view!
All good things must come to an end, just like trekking near Kedarnath! We know it will be difficult to leave.The spiritual aura and divine mysticism will entice you to stay a little longer. But you’ll have a bucket full of memories to take with you. And if that does not seem like enough, stay the night before finally saying goodbye to God’s beautiful creation!
When to leave for Kedarnath Trek? The best time to hike
Kedarnath is during the summer months, April to June. The relatively warm temperature makes it ideal for trekking. In case you were wondering, winter is not practical as heavy snowfall can create obstacles on your journey.As for the monsoon, heavy rains, landslides and floods can make your trip very risky.
A reminder, start the trek to Kedarnath early in the morning as you can trek between 4:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. and no later. This is because Kedarnath Dham is located inside the wildlife sanctuary and pilgrims are not allowed to walk outside this time.
Before embarking on the Kedarnath Trek, there are a few things to keep in mind.
There are several things to keep in mind before planning a trek in Kedarnath. We have listed them for you!
- Pass your medical examination before the trek. We do not recommend trekking if you have blood pressure and respiratory problems.
- Try to complete the hike within the scheduled time slot of 4:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. according to government rules. If you feel you can’t, opt for an overnight stay and resume your trip the next day.
- If you feel you can’t complete the trek, don’t worry!Get help from palki or pony services to reach your destination.
- Pack light snacks like nuts or packaged foods to keep you full and energized! Don’t worry, there are food stalls and restaurants along the way (in case you were wondering). handy, you can snack along the way if the stalls are closed.
- If you are a hiker, avoid wearing saris as they will make your trip uncomfortable. Salwar kameez with a good pair of sneakers will go well!
- And yes, while trekking in Kedarnath, don’t forget to take warm clothes with you even during summers as evenings can get really cold.
Read More : Best place for camping near Mumbai